Unstuffed Peppers Over Parboiled Rice
- Avocado oil
- 1 Onion cubed
- 2 Bell peppers (any color) cubed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb. Ground Grass fed beef or Turkey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Chili powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- Cayenne to taste
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained.
- 3 TBSP chopped parsley
- Parboiled rice for serving
- 1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese (good quality, raw if possible)
- Heat a little oil in pan and sauté peppers and onions until starting to soften
- Transfer to a bowl
- Add a bit more oil and cook meat until starting to brown
- Add all spices and garlic and mix well
- Stir in pepper and onion mixture and tomatoes. Heat through.
- Stir in parsley
- Plate rice, sprinkle rice with cheese and top with mixture. Sprinkle a bit more parsley on top.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.