January 19, 2018
Need your morning cup of tea to kick start your day? Try our concoction of turmeric tea to give you your daily boost of antioxidants.
- 8 ounces (1 cup) almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2-inch wide round slice of ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. honey or another sweetener
- Optional additions: a small part of butter, cinnamon, cardamom
- Gently warm the almond or coconut milk on the stove.
- In a mug, combine the remaining ingredients. Drizzle a teaspoon of the warmed milk into the mug and mix until the liquid is smooth with no lumps.
- Add the rest of the milk and mix well. You can leave the pieces of ginger in the tea, or strain it out before drinking.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.