Turkey or Chicken Bone Broth
December 14, 2022
- Turkey or chicken carcass
- Apple cider vinegar
- 1 onion
- 1/2 head celery
- Tbsp. Dulse
- Place bones, water to cover bones, 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar, onion, celery and a handful of Dulse in crockpot.
- Set crock pot to high and bring to a boil (this could took approximately 4 hours).
- Lower crock pot to low and cook for 12 more hours.
- During the last hour or so you can also add a bunch of organic parsley if you have it.
- When done, use a slotted spoon to remove the bones and vegetables as best you can then strain the broth through a mesh strainer or cheese cloth into a glass dish or mason jars.
- Let cool on the counter before topping off with the lid and transferring to the refrigerator (or freezer, if you don't plan to use/drink within a week).
- When ready to use, skim the fat off the top. (This fat can be used to cook with or discarded).
- Heat a cup at a time, slowly until warm and enjoy.
- The broth can also be used to make soups, stews, chili, gravies and grains.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.