Spinach-Basil Pesto Over Squash
This classic easy pesto can be combined with anything from quinoa pasta to vegetables to soup and salad. Experiment by combining different herbs such as rosemary, thyme or oregano with the basil. Make sure to use REAL extra virgin olive oil. Most of the brands in local supermarkets are blends and processed incorrectly.
Serving: 8-10 servings
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. pine nuts
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Combine all ingredients except for olive oil in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle in the olive oil to emulsify.
- Serve over roasted spaghetti squash. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.