Spicy Arugula and Sprout Salad
The Spicy Arugula and Sprout Salad is rich in minerals, enzymes, antioxidants, phytonutrients, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and many anti-cancer superfoods. It is also anti-inflammatory, is loaded with silicon, nutritional sulfur, vitamins, protein and helps balance blood pH. For emphasis, do your best to buy organic ingredients to minimize chemical pesticides and herbicides and ensure you will not be consuming any genetically modified (GMO) foods.
- 1½ tsp. fresh turmeric, finely chopped
- 1½ cups sunflower sprouts (rinsed) and broccoli sprouts
- 2 cloves fresh garlic (preferably locally grown), crushed and minced
- 1 organic cucumber, diced unpeeled
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 4 organic kale leaves (thoroughly washed), chopped
- ½ medium red onion, julienned
- 1 handful cilantro, rinsed and chopped
- 1 organic yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2½ cups organic arugula, rinsed and chopped
- 6 medium radishes, washed and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp. raw organic pumpkin seeds
- 8-10 organic cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 organic Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 Haas avocado, peeled, sliced and placed on top of the salad
- 1 small fresh hot chili pepper sliced for garnish (to be eaten)
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. of whole grain tahini (preferably stone crushed)
- 3 tbsp. of water
- ½ tsp. Himalayan, Celtic or other high-quality salt, to taste
- Organic extra virgin olive oil, add before serving to taste
- Gather all the ingredients together.
- In a large salad bowl toss together the turmeric, sunflower sprouts, garlic, cucumber, sun-dried tomatoes, pumpkin seeds, kale, red onion, arugula, cilantro, radishes, bell pepper and olives.
- Place the tahini in a small bowl and add the water, lemon juice, and salt. Blend with a fork to the consistency of syrup. If too thick add more water and lemon juice; if too thin add more tahini.
- Pour the dressing into the salad bowl and toss it with the salad.
- Spoon the salad evenly into your bowls, arrange the avocado and hot chili pepper on top.
- Drizzle with olive oil and enjoy.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.