Love pancakes for breakfast? Replace the carbs with proteins by using healthy quinoa flour. Stocking up on proteins for breakfast will boost your metabolism, keep you fuller for longer and help lose the stubborn fat effectively!
- 1 1/2 cups Quinoa flour (can substitute ¼ cup ground flax seeds for ¼ cup flour)
- 3/4 tbsp. aluminum free baking powder
- 1 tsp. crystal salt
- 1 ¼ cups milk (preferably raw and organic, or coconut milk)
- 2 pastured eggs
- 3 tbsp. melted organic butter
- 1 tbsp. sugar (optional)
- Whisk together the eggs, milk and melted butter.
- Combine the dry ingredients add milk mixture to dry ingredients.
- Stir well and add the following if you wish:
- For Banana, Pecan pancakes: Stir in 1 large chopped banana and ½ cup chopped pecans.
- For blueberry pancakes: Stir in 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries.
- For pumpkin pancakes: Stir in ½ cup pumpkin puree and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.
- Drop by ladle on a hot griddle, brown on one side, flip and brown on other side.
- Serve with organic butter.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.