Minestrone Soup with Beef
September 30, 2020
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. butter, from pastured animals
- 1 lb. ground grass-fed beef
- 4 cups chicken or beef bone broth
- A few sprigs fresh basil (or 1 tsp. dried)
- Salt and pepper to taste (parmesan is salty so be cautious here)
- 1 bag frozen Italian mixed vegetables (or any mixed vegetables you like)
- 1 container diced tomatoes
- 2 cans white kidney beans (cannellinni), Eden Organics Brand, drained
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese ( and extra for topping)
- 2 cups raw chopped spinach (or other greens)
- Good quality extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- Sauté onion, celery and carrots in butter until softened, about 8 minutes
- Add ground beef and cook through, about 5 minutes
- Add broth, tomatoes, vegetables, basil, salt and pepper. Simmer until vegetables are softened. About 10 minutes.
- Add beans, cheese and spinach and stir well.
- Plate in a nice big bowl and top with a drizzle of extra virgin olive and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.