- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1-2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 2 pounds cod, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup Potato Starch
- 1/8 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning, or to taste
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups raw milk
- 1/4 cup cooked crumbled bacon
- In a large stockpot, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Saute onions and celery in butter until tender.
- Add 3 1/2 cups chicken stock and potatoes; simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add fish, and simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Mix together 1/2 cup stock and starch until smooth; stir into soup and simmer for 1 minute more. Season to taste with Old Bay seasoning, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat, and stir in milk. Top each bowl with crumbled bacon, hot sauce, and fresh parsley if desired.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.