Coconut Flour Pancakes with Gelatin
Give your regular pancakes the perfect healthy twist by substituting regular wheat flour with coconut flour. Gelatin ensures a perfect texture and an extra kick of protein.
Serving: 2 persons (12 small pancakes)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp. grass-fed gelatin
- 4 pastured eggs, at room temperature
- 1 heaping tsp. softened butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Coconut oil, butter or ghee, for the pan
- Start heating a seasoned cast iron skillet or enamel skillet over medium heat.
- Whisk together the coconut flour and gelatin.
- Stir in the eggs, beating until smooth paste forms.
- Stir in the butter/coconut oil until combined, then add the coconut milk.
- Cook the pancakes in the hot skillet with coconut oil/ghee. Cook until the edges and center starts to look opaque, then flip. Smaller pancakes will be easier to flip.
Leave a comment