Blueberries are regarded as a superfood by healthcare practitioners and nutritionists worldwide. They are a rich source of fiber, potassium, vitamin C and vitamin K. Their high antioxidant content makes them the ideal food for lowering risk of cancer, heart disease, and inflammation. Enjoy this delightful healthy recipe at any time of the day!
- 3 cups washed blueberries or frozen blueberries
- 2 cups almond or quinoa flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup organic butter, soft
- a drop of almond or vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. flax-meal whisked with 9 tbsp warm water, allowed to plump up for 5 minutes
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar (to be added last)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8×8 glass dish with coconut oil.
- Pour the Blueberries into a pan, reserving a few berries for the top if you wish.
- Whisk the flours, salt, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Separately, whisk together butter, honey, and extract.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together, stirring in the flax.
- Once well combined, quickly stir in cider vinegar. Pour batter onto berries, spreading up to the edges.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until batter is set on top. this happens to vary in my house, sometimes taking 50 minutes.
- Cool uncovered before serving.
Leave a comment